Tuesday 23 August 2016


Fresh air.


Summer Fields   Oils on canvas board  8 x 10 inches  

A 'plein air' study of harvested fields around Old Bolingbroke Castle in Lincolnshire.


Studio Musings...


My loose sketch was one of three on site oil studies last Saturday.
It was a very windy day and my painting equipment was blowing about making the job less enjoyable.  I was using my folding wooden box easel and setting it up in the field took ages.

Eventually I settled to painting complete with dust and grit.  Not an ideal day.

That evening I began thinking about replacing my heavy box with a lighter option.
With a little 'joinery' to fasten a small box easel to a telescope tripod (stored away in the roof), and using other things from home, I now have a new re-cycled kit.  

Here is a photo...it will be going out today for a first trial.



No comments:

Post a Comment