Friday 20 January 2017


Clear day.


Mist Clearing   Oils on canvas board  5 x 7 inches  £ 50  $ 70


Mist clears around the Tarn with the promise of a fine day.


Studio Musings...

I have stocked up on these little canvas boards.
They are perfect for making quick sketch studies.

For this painting I used a one-inch flat brush from start to finish and
 scrubbed the oils in a random way until I saw an image appear. 
 Shapes and tone were my first thoughts.

At first I used just one colour to make a monochrome study as I
  wanted to focus on value rather than being seduced by colours.

Squinting is a good way of seeing the range of tones.
I try to have around 5 from dark to light.  

My sketch could have ended there but I decided to add more colour
  choosing greens mixed with the same Prussian blue used in the first stage.

My palette was Prussian Blue, Indian Red, Permanent Rose,
Cadmium Orange, Winsor Yellow, and Titanium White.







No comments:

Post a Comment