Tuesday 7 March 2017


Horizon.


Upland 2   Oils on canvas board  5 x 7 inches   £ 60   $ 80


Light on the horizon.
Memories of Derbyshire walking.


(Available from DailyPaintworks.com
or by email in UK)


Studio Musings...


For some time now I have been using my existing studio paintings 
as ideas for new work in a series of abstracted work about land and shore.

Building up a series, or a body of paintings along a 
similar theme is rather like having a sketchbook. 

 I don't often sketch outside. Preferring to draw from my internal 
'mind' source of images... I 'sketch' with my brush directly on the canvas.

Looking around the room, some aspect of an existing painting might
catch my eye and act as the starting point.  Other times, I may use the 
colours on my palette as the theme or the size and shape of the board/canvas.

These new pieces are left to dry and a photograph of the work is 
used to upload the piece into my web galleries.

A coat of re-touch varnish is applied and the paintings become
 another part of my 'ideas sketch book' as they are placed around my studio walls.









No comments:

Post a Comment