Saturday 10 June 2017


Shining.


Coastal Pool   Oils on canvas board  5 x 7 inches  £ 50

Ebb tide brings life to the shore.
Pools sparkle in the sun.


Studio Musings...

The coast is a favourite subject for me to paint.
However, I don't stand in front of it with portable easel and umbrella.

I paint most of my pictures in the peace and calm of my studio.
This is a haven where my inner thoughts and memories are nurtured.

As I scrub the oils onto the board an image is formed.
My brush is like a pencil in a sketckbook making marks.
There is no need for photographs.  In fact, they would be a distraction for me.

These marks trigger memories, recollections and the delights of a place first seen.

I find it quite uncanny that as the painting comes together,
I am imagining myself right back in that moment.










No comments:

Post a Comment