Sunday 27 August 2017


In the frame.



Estuary  Oils on board  8 x 16 inches

A wide view in a traditional style frame.


Studio Musings...

I have been hand-finishing some frames this week.
As a change from using off-white I decided to have some gold effect frames made.

The freshly made frames are quite bright so I have been
 trying  different ways to 'tone them down' a little. 

Glazes of oils using the same hues as the painting have been applied to the frame.
Then I rubbed most of it off leaving a thin layer to dull the shine.

The outer ridged part of the frame was re-coated in a pale green/grey.
I shall leave it now.  It has a softer look and allows the painting to relax.


My frames are custom made by Graham Perkins
at Forge Arts, Hackthorn, nr. Lincoln





No comments:

Post a Comment