Monday 14 September 2015


Mermaids.




                     Doxy's Pool   Oils on canvas board   7 x 5 inches   SOLD


    As legends have it....there is a mermaid called Jenny Greenteeth living in this pool.


She must have been out when I called but I love the stories about her enticing people into a watery grave.  Some say it is a bottomless pool.   It is a beautiful place for her to live on top of the Roaches in the Peak District.

I was on a walking holiday when we climbed up this rock formation...about 1500 ft...I am informed.  The guide didn't mention this pool wanting it to be a surprise.  And it was.  So serene and in September the weather was colourful, fresh and breezy with the occasional rain squall.

I have abstracted the scene a little, well, a lot actually, to put my own stamp on it.  I liked making the shapes with little flourishes of Anne Wood for good measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment