Monday 9 October 2017




'The Monday Blog'

The first of my weekly blog posts.


I have decided to downsize my daily blogging and post once a week instead.
I hope to post more about my studio and the work I am currently doing.

My work is also changing a little.
For the past three years I have painted a small piece
 daily to post in my online gallery at Artfinder.com.

I shall continue to do this but some of my time will be
 devoted to larger pieces which take longer to create.
If I can remember, I will post images of work in progress.

I like to paint both representational and abstract pieces.
Some of these will be kept in my studio for future exhibitions.

My online gallery pages at Artfinder.com/anne-wood will continue to 
be filled with a selection of landscapes, seascapes and some abstracts.

I hope you like the weekly blog...
Please message if you have any comments.
I am always interested in hearing from you.

Studio Musings...



Three of a kind.


Seascapes

These paintings are currently on show in the Usher Gallery, Lincoln
as part of the Lincolnshire Artists' Society Autumn Exhibition.

A 'nearly new' piece...



Southerly Days  Oils on box canvas  16 x 16 inches   

This piece is a rework of a previous painting.
I left small purple and blue parts of the old image but most of the painting is new.  

I like to have a free, gestural action when making abstract work.
Painting quickly prevents tightening up and keeps the shapes loose.

The 2013 canvas went through several stages before reaching 'Southerly Days'

This is the first 'sketch' in paint...


Not what I really wanted so the piece moved on to...

'Lime and Purple'  2013


I kept the painting in my studio until this week when I decided to destroy it to make another.
 Destroy sounds harsh but I am happy to do this.  It is always exciting
to see another painting evolve and have a personality of its own.

Moving on is a natural part of my art career.
It keeps my work fresh.

See you next Monday. 









No comments:

Post a Comment