Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year.  

My painting year began quite well.  After 2 hours in my studio this morning I emerged with a second small 8 x 8 painting called 'After the rain'.   It was not without a struggle however, as I wasn't happy with the first attempt and wiped most of it off.  

The second try resulted in an oil sketch which gives an impression of a breezy day in the hills of Derbyshire.  The sun broke through briefly to give a startling effect of yellow green on the distant fields.  It was September and the weather was very unsettled with sudden heavy showers.

I have also posted the painting on Daily Paintworks.



After the Rain  Oils on board 8 x 8 inches

The afternoon didn't go so well.  More struggles which ended in overworking the picture.  I have wiped over the image and left it to dry overnight.  I will begin a different scene in the morning and catch up with you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment