Friday 16 September 2016


Trails of summer.


Gateway   Oils on canvas board  5 x 7 inches   £ 35   $ 50


Vapour trails over the Wolds.  A clear blue sky at the end of summer.


Studio Musings...

Landscape painting and an abstracted view of the Lincolnshire Wolds.
This painting was getting a little 'tight' and not what I really wanted.

Time to rough things up a little.  I put down my brush.
I reached for the knife..but not to cut anything into pieces.

A painting knife is excellent for sculpting the oils and scraping back.
On the palette a knife is good for picking up colours and blending.

A knife is good for picking up two or three colours and laying them on the canvas.
 Smoothing or spreading the colours allows them to lightly blend...not too much.

The little painting was getting lively.
Time to put it to dry before I killed it off.







No comments:

Post a Comment