Thursday 5 December 2019

New day.



In high spirits.





Reading this quotation 
I am filled with hope.

My ‘old nonsense’ has been removed 
from the workshop and two new 
clean canvases are on my table.  

Tomorrow I shall open the door 
to begin a new painting day. 




‘Uncharted territory’

Oils and cold wax medium 
on 20 x 20 inch canvas
2016 (Sold)

My work is always uncharted territory.
I like it that way so I am not trapped
into following a definite plan.


There is a sense of the unexpected each time I paint.
A feeling of being unbounded.



‘Boundless’

Oils on 20 x 20 inch canvas  
2013 (private collection)





‘Little blue pot’

Oils on 12 x 12 inch box canvas 
2013 (private collection)


These two pictures evolved as I worked.

I began with an under-painting of 
loosely applied transparent oils.

When dry I overpainted leaving 
fragments of under painting visible.

Abstract shapes emerged and I worked
until the picture felt balanced.

I kept these as a reminder of my painting story.




‘Carried away by a moonlight shadow’

Oils and cold wax medium on 
10 x 12 inch panel and frame.


A recently reworked picture.
Just marks and scratchings.
Worn but carefree.

That’s all for now...
Until next time,
thank you for visiting.





Click on the image for my website 


No comments:

Post a Comment