Sunday 25 October 2020

Changing places




Autumn clear out...




This has now gone and morphed into the one below
which is more restrained, softer and kinder to the eye.





'Rising from verdant green'

Oils and cold wax medium on 30 x 30 inch canvas 


For me, choosing a painting to fit a particular place
can be difficult.  It has to be the right size,
fit in with other things around it and 
generally not cause too much trouble.

Maybe I am too rigid in my thinking
but harmony in my paintings extends to
harmony in my surroundings.


Green.


All the fields around my home are turning green.
A bright young green which contrasts with the
reds and golds of autumn leaves.


Is this why I am reaching for these colours in my palette?
it's not really intentional but I do wonder.

This one was reworked yesterday...




Oils and cold wax medium on 24 x 30 inch canvas.




A smaller piece, 16 x 16 inches
using the leftover colours on my palette.





It is drying before any further decisions...




Autumn at the studio doorway...
Ferns and grasses with a coppiced wood chair.





The sun is shining, all is bright and beautiful.



Until next time,
thank you for visiting.










No comments:

Post a Comment