Saturday 10 October 2015



Golden opportunity.




          Croxby Wheat Fields   Oils on watercolour paper  7 x 11 inches   



Another study in my series 'Paperworks'.   The lovely texture of watercolour paper strengthened with gesso is giving me a lot of pleasure.  The luscious oils move beautifully on the surface and when scraped back for 'drawing back into' there are some interesting marks.

I recently painted a vertical format of this scene on canvas board.  This landscape format is just another way of composition.  There are endless ways of working in art and every day brings me another exciting challenge.  I remind myself not to become 'too precious' about my materials.  Fear of ruining or spoiling would become a reason to not paint boldly and I would lose the spontaneity of my gestural expression. 

It is only paper and paint!    




2 comments:

  1. Different color palette today! Caught my eye right away.

    I've thought of you often in the past few days. Here's one train of thoughts:
    1. "Anne must live somewhere very special to have all that exquisite remarkable landscape and scenery surrounding her all the time."
    2. "Oh, maybe it's just regular old landscape and scenery the same as anyone has landscape and scenery surrounding them all the time."
    3. "OH—maybe Anne's way of painting the landscape and scenery surrounding her is what's exquisite and remarkable!!!"

    You inspire me!

    Based on that train of thoughts, I took my camera with me this morning, here where we're visiting daughter and family in Virginia, and took photos of the landscape and scenery surrounding us. I will make it exquisite and remarkable once I'm back home in my studio. I thought of you often as I took my pix : )

    Then, checked my laptop just now and saw your post. Thanks for writing it just for me. Well, maybe you didn't write it just for me, but it sure seemed like it! This is JUST what I need to hear: "I remind myself not to become 'too precious' about my materials. Fear of ruining or spoiling would become a reason to not paint boldly and I would lose the spontaneity of my gestural expression."

    Thank you for all you do—your gifted painting and the gift of your thoughts.

    Dotty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dotty, you inspire me to keep on inspiring you!!! Thank you for your lovely comments.

      Anne x

      Delete