Tuesday 3 November 2015


Bay watch.




                 Yorkshire Bay   Oils on watercolour paper  7 x 11 inches   


                    Light leads the way down to this little bay along the Yorkshire coast. 
                                            A loose sketch of shapes and textures.

Viewers may question the absence of people in my paintings. I like people but I generally prefer to create my work alone and savour the peace of my studio.  Likewise, I mostly walk alone with just my whippet for company. 

I find I can concentrate on the colours and shapes of my surroundings, entering a 'world of my own' as I am inspired by the moment.   If I add figures to my work it has a strange way of taking over as the focus of the painting.   For me, the focus is the place itself, the sense of place and how I see it.




No comments:

Post a Comment