Saturday 15 February 2020

Stormy days.


Whether the weather be fine, 
or whether the weather be not...

Whether the weather be fine, or whether the weather be not, 
Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot, 
We'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, 
Whether we like it or not.




‘Splash of Morning’

Oils and cold wax medium on Arches oil paper.



Last week I was happily pulling brambles
in my unruly wild garden.

The sun was shining and the arrival of 
spring flowers gave a sense of optimism.




The hedgerow with a log pile for toads 
and snowdrops beyond.  





My paintings also seemed to brighten.

Layers of oils and cold wax medium.

Six small studies on a 16 x 12 inch
sheet of Arches oil paper.



Then it all changed...
Winter has returned.

I have retreated to my studio.


My paintings have also changed.
The colours are stronger,
darker and warmer.




Oils and cold wax medium on Arches oil paper 
A little abstract study 





Part of a larger painting on Arches paper.

I like the warm orange red 
against the cooler blue green.

Here is the whole picture...
it has two smaller images at one side. 





As I write the rain is lashing the windows.
Gales are bending the tall trees.

Whether I like it or not...



That’s all for now...
thank you for visiting.




Click on the picture 
for my website 














No comments:

Post a Comment