Monday 27 December 2021

All sizes.




Paintings...
Does size matter?


Recently I have made several small
paintings in acrylics on paper and panel.

I have always felt that size doesn't 
matter when abstracting nature.

The loose effects of brushwork 
can give an impression of space
even when the marks are on the small panels.

Here are some of my recent studies...




'Endless Shore'

Acrylics on 8 x 8 inch Ampersand panel 

Staying loose and uncomplicated,
these seascapes can give a realistic 
look without being photographic.




'Resting'

Acrylics on 6 x 6 Ampersand panel 


Mark-making with scratches and 
drawing into the paint adds interest.

Those marks in the foreground 
might resemble posts or driftwood.


Below is a picture of ebb tide...
with rivulets of seawater.




'Remote'

Acrylics on 8 x 8 inch Ampersand panel 


When I begin I don't have any
fixed plan and the painting can have
several changes along the way.

It's all part of the fun.





'On the Shore'

Acrylics on 6 x 6 inch Ampersand panel 

A quiet picture at ebb tide._
Smudged with some soft paper
there is a pool effect in the middle.

I have enjoyed painting these studies.
The biggest challenge has been getting 
accustomed to the smooth surface on the panels.
Also the difference between oils and acrylics.

However, a change is good so I shall
continue until the weather warms and
I can return to my garden studio.






'Long view'

Acrylics on 6 x 6 inch Ampersand panel 

Wide expanse of empty beach at low tide.



All for now...
thank you for visiting.




Anne Wood - Paintings







No comments:

Post a Comment