Monday 13 December 2021

Back to reality.



Just for a change...

Some little 3 x 4 inch landscape studies on paper.




No titles, just themselves.

Acrylics on smooth white 250gsm paper.


My garden studio is closed for winter and
it isn't very welcoming now to paint in there.

A long table over a bed makes a suitable studio
and I am warmer in the house.

I have changed from oils to acrylics too,
making little studies for some greetings cards.

They are now mounted on card blanks.




These pictures have a hint of reality
and I am trying to add imaginative atmosphere 
rather than a definite place.

The image above might have a sense of the coast.





This one might resemble an estuary...


It is several years since I painted 'loose' landscapes 
so these studies will be good exercises.


The painting below is on thicker textured paper.
I tore the edges to give a weathered appearance.





'Rip-off'

Acrylics on watercolour paper,
approximately 4 x 5 inches.




'G-force'

Acrylics on watercolour paper 
approximately 4 x 5 inches.


I haven't abandoned my abstract pictures...
and it isn't about which I prefer.

Just a change for now.  


That's all today...
thank you for visiting.











No comments:

Post a Comment