Thursday 14 May 2015



Imaginary Land.





                                Flashpoint   Oils on board   12 x 12 inches 



Making shapes and textures I used my brush to form the image by scrubbing the oils around to tease out a composition.  The bottom part of the image could represent land with the upper part depicting sky and the effect of a storm.  

Going beyond reality like this allows me to create abstract 'landscapes' which are pure fiction.  There is no plan or sketch as I like my work to be spontaneous and from my imagination.  There is freedom in making this kind of art but no road map...I have to trust my own sense of direction and take risks.  This is what excites me as a painter.  By taking chances with some paint, a board and a brush I can create something new and hopefully bring it to life.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment