Friday 22 January 2021

Do it anyway.






What the eye sees.

It is a natural thing to look for something 
we recognise in a painting.
Particularly in abstract art.

I have had viewers looking for 'things'
in my paintings and then tell me what they see.

I have learned to cope with this
but sometimes I will change the work if I am 
not happy with the comments.




Recently I have been trying to avoid
reality in my paintings, preferring to keep
the image as pure abstract.

This is not easy unless using geometric shapes.
Organic shapes can easily 'morph' into 
something resembling the natural world.

Does this really matter?
Do I do it anyway?
Who cares?

I care.

I paint for my pleasure but if that
pleasure becomes a nightmare,
what then?


Rather than drive myself crazy over my dilemma,
I shall aim for my goal but not despair if I cannot reach it.


Here is another way of seeing...
Flip the picture upside down.

A new painting drying on my table.

I am liking the shapes, colour harmony and the 
contrast between dark and light.

There is texture and evidence of the layering
where I have scraped back the paint.
It tells a story.


Others might think...landscape 😊







'Shining'

Oils and cold wax medium on 20 x 20 inch canvas.



That's all for now,
thank you for visiting.



To see more of my work,
click on the link below.














No comments:

Post a Comment