Thursday 21 January 2021

Moving and removing.




Conceal and reveal.


My job in the studio is to move paint around.
That's it.

Simply put of course but it really is the truth.


Layers of oils are placed on canvas, panel or paper.

'I conceal and by scraping or scratching I reveal'.

Below is an example of my work.
This is a new piece and drying on the table.

I like the simplicity of the marks and shapes
with soft, subtle greys and violet blues.

When dry I shall place it in a float frame.








Here is the canvas during part of the working process.
Several layers of paint are allowed to set up a bit before continuing.





I applied a mix of lighter paint with a brayer.
Then more blue/grey oils.

Scraping with a knife, I revealed the darker colours.
Paint was pulled down with a squeegee.

The painting can be viewed in all aspects...






I am always happy when this happens,
it's a sign of balance and harmony.


Below is my finished painting  






'Lightness of Being'

Oils and cold wax medium on 12 x 12 inch canvas.



That's all for now,
thank you for visiting.



If you would like to read more,
please click on the link below for my website.

Some of my paintings are available to buy.






No comments:

Post a Comment