Sunday 21 February 2021

In the swing of it...



Keep pulling.

Monotypes need to be pulled.
This is the essence of the process.

Each pull reveals a mix of planning and surprise
which is both exciting and frustrating.

For each successful finish there can be lots of rejects.   
My overworked pulls make their way to the bin,
whereas the plain boring ones are placed
in a rack for a second reworked chance.




'Wildfire'


I am learning to sense when the monotype 
is going in the right direction.

Maybe it's an intuitive thing.  

Or it could be practice.


Either way, I am very pleased with my 
saved monotypes and some will find 
their way to art exhibitions this year.

 



'Flashpoint'


I work each day for short sessions
so my print room is getting full of these pulls.

Each one is different by its nature and the 
name monotype which means 'one of a kind'.

Some are of similar colours and 'landscape' style;
others are abstract shapes and patterns.

They are made with Golden Open acrylics 
on A4 smooth white paper 200-300gsm weight.




'Heat'


As they dry I am putting them 
in a mount ready for framing






'Teal'


A mount really makes a difference..
It helps to isolate the piece from its surroundings.


Finally...




'Twilight'




That's all for now,
until next time 













No comments:

Post a Comment