Friday 12 February 2021

Next move.




On to another medium...

Acrylics 



'Candy'

Acrylic on A4 paper 




My adventure with monotypes continues 
with a change to gel plates and slow drying acrylic paint.

The method is similar to using the Akua inks and the
paper is hand pulled after pressing with brayer and Baren.

One advantage is the dried finish.
The Akua inks have a slight greasy feel on my paper
whereas the acrylic dries completely.

Perhaps my ink monotypes will improve 
with a more absorbent cotton paper.





'Tea time'


I am using gel plates to roll the paint with 
my new soft Speedball brayers.

The paint is soft and easy to work with.
Drawing into the paint is easy with a QTip.
Lines and vessel shapes give some interest.
I also used a bit of stencil.

Rolling the paint thinly I pulled the prints quickly 
without too much consideration as
I wanted a loose abstract design.


These prints are all Golden Open Acrylics 
on a variety of papers from my cupboard.







'More tea?'


I like this mottled background 
with the sketched pots.







'Medley'

A kaleidoscope of colour here.
It reminds me of fabric.








'Have a red'

Printed on A4 smooth white paper.


I like the floaty pink shapes over the 
stronger coloured background 








'Draw the line'


A geometric effect with lines









'Tweed'

This is quite small...5x8 inches
on textured watercolour paper.

The candy pink gives a shot of contrast.




This printing project is becoming addictive,
it's really enjoyable and an antidote to lockdown.

I hope to post more over the weekend.


That's all for now,
until next time.














No comments:

Post a Comment