Saturday 13 February 2021

Making progress




New marks...

Paper handling whilst pulling prints from the gel plate.


Here are some monotypes made today.
All using Golden Open acrylics on A4 smooth white paper.
I like layering the paint and positioning 
the paper on the gel plate to create the marks.

~


I am happy with the composition in this picture.
Horizontal and vertical with a warm background.

The golden marks were created without a stencil.
It gives me a feeling of freedom.

Sometimes I use a stencil or other mark-makers
but not too much.  I like the painterly effect.



'Meeting Point'





The next one has a stencil underneath 
the layers of transparent paint.

The filigree pattern contrasts with
the solid edge of the yellow on the right.

Overall it has a warm and cosy feeling.




'Glimmer'




This next one has a playful disposition.
It reminds me of my childhood.

A stencil was used on the left 
and another one underneath.
Softer marks on the right 
balance the design.






'Sweet Dreams'




More work was done here...
previously it had one deep blue circle.
I added some yellow and another offset paler blue circle.

It looks more painterly now.




'Blue Moon'






Something about this one reminds 
me of spring and tulips.

I love the composition with the red.
It's a happy picture.





'Red'



Working with acrylics is quite different to the inks.
At the moment I cannot decide which suits me the most.

I do like the drying of acrylics.

Maybe I shall try the inks again tomorrow.


That's all for now...
thank you for visiting.




















No comments:

Post a Comment