Tuesday 9 February 2021

No stopping me




I'm on a roll...

My adventure with monotypes continues.
These are all made with Akua Intaglio inks on paper.




'Round Corners'

Monotype on writing paper.

I rolled green over the black ink to soften the image.





The walls in my print room feature the fruits of my work.




Many will be discarded but there are some
which could find their way into a mount and frame.



Making little books





I have several A5 notebooks with blank pages
which are ideal for rolling the excess inks.

When full they could be a piece of art in their own right.




A few favourite pieces from today




'Wheels within wheels'

Layers of inks add depth to this piece.





'Maze'


I like the marks in this one.
A ghost print in blue is underneath the
dull yellow and green which was scraped away in a spiral.
The incised lines add a 'narrative' interest.





'Embers'

The dark sides enclose a warm centre.










'Unstoppable'


Printed on A4 yellow craft paper 
this gives a grid-like effect.

Layers over a ghost image.








'All square'


I like the geometry in this image.
It is softened with the smudgy abstract marks.








'Fair View'


The marks give an impression of a landscape...
as if viewed through a window.

I like these unintended surprises.






Until next time,
thank you for visiting...










No comments:

Post a Comment