Tuesday 31 January 2017


Descending.


Fret   Oils on board  16 x 16 inches   £ 205  $ 260


A misty fret comes down the land.

(Available from DailyPaintworks.com
or by email in the UK)


Studio Musings...


Yesterday I spoke about having a painting disaster.

I decided later to cut the larger board into different formats and
this 16 x 16 square was just right for making an atmospheric study.

The painting went through a lot of pushing and pulling to achieve what I wanted.
Rubbing back, standing back to view and then adjusting tone and hue.

I felt I had regained something of my painting 'muscle' but as usual
the results are never quite how I imagine them in my head.

Reminding myself that perfection is out of reach 
and not even wanted, this study got me on course again.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors and the feel of tremendous expansiveness in this one.

    ReplyDelete