Monday 23 January 2017


Wide angle.


Fleeting   Oils on board  4 x 12 inches   £ 50   $70

Frosty morning with sunlight for company.
A wide view of the coastal landscape.

(Available from DailyPaintworks.com
or by email in UK)


Studio Musings...


After cutting some boards there were some slim pieces left over.
I find these an interesting shape for a landscape.

Two coats of acrylic gesso and they are ready to be used.
Oils are my favourite medium for the actual painting and when applied over
the white gesso I have an opportunity to rub back revealing some of the pale board.

This piece began as a 'traditional' landscape but I decided it was too detailed.
Using a paper towel I turned the painting vertically and rubbed the oils around.

Some 'scratch' marks gave a suggestion of texture and possible areas of light on water.
Any temptation to tidy up the image was resisted.  It is an abstracted viewpoint.



No comments:

Post a Comment