Friday 7 August 2015


Bedtime.





                         Rest Easy   Oils on canvas board   10 x 12 inches   SOLD



Sinking into the marshes, this old relic has enjoyed an active life.  Now the old boat can rest easy and take in the atmosphere.  

Nothing stopped me today...the study came together quite easily and I loved using the vibrant colours.   

I have one more 10 x 12 canvas primed for my painting session tomorrow then I return to small ones.   They are primed with some left-over oils from todays palette...burnt sienna, phthalo blue and a little permanent rose.  I like to prime my landscape boards with a loose wet wash and prop them up to dry.  Little runs and drips form and dry to make a textured look to the surface.  Not lumpy, just drizzled.    Little bits can be left to show in the work especially around the bottom area to represent pebbles, or rough ground.



No comments:

Post a Comment