Tuesday 29 December 2015


Round we go.




                   Summer's Edge   Oils on canvas   3 x 3.5 inches


Painted around the sides with wooden easel.


Just round the corner from the track to the river, and this little track takes me nearer to my destination.  Because the corn is high and the track is slightly downhill there is no sign of it until rounding the corner.  A lovely surprise...the trees shelter me from the west wind and the warmth of the ripe corn lingers in the air.   

No need for great detail and a suggestion of the scene tells the tale. 
 I focus on tone, shapes, perspective and brush strokes.

Studio Musings... 

I received another new book in the mail today.   
Lisa Congdon 'Art Inc. The essential guide for building your career as an artist'.

I am on page 41 of 184 and cannot put it down!   Lots of useful guidance and information.


No comments:

Post a Comment