Tuesday 15 December 2015


Up early.



Dawn Fields   Oils on canvas  3 x 3.5 inches 

Painted around the sides with wooden display easel.



In summer I woke early around 4am.  Deciding to get up and out for a walk I was in for a great surprise.  The air had a cool, ethereal feel in the lane and on the horizon the sun was rising.  The colours were incredible.    There was a golden orange glow with a slash of pale yellow as the light became more intense.   I quickly took some photos for reference.

As the sun rose the colour faded and my early entertainment was over.

Now I am able to re-live the performance by creating one of my own.  There is nothing boring or mechanical when painting a second image.  I don't use the word copy here...there is no intention, or requirement to be exact.  I am the one to call the shots and free to make changes as I wish.  I am never short of inspiration with all my work around me.

Perhaps I should make a habit of early morning walks.

2 comments:

  1. Love this one! Thanks for a little lift and pause between breaths in an otherwise way-too-busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of help Dotty. Always busy...must remember to pause and take a fresh breath. xx

    ReplyDelete