Tuesday 20 June 2017


Wild.


Scrub   Oils on gessoed 140lb paper  4 x 6 inches 

Scrubby and rough..the dunes along the East Coast.

(Available by email)

Studio Musings...



The paintings on the DailyPaintworks.com site will be transferred 
to my other web gallery Artfinder.com from 21st June 2017.


*As an assurance for my followers....this blog will continue as usual*


Barren  Oils on gessoed 140lb watercolour paper  6 x 4 inches

Daily painting is a valuable lesson in the 'non-preciousness' of art.
It doesn't matter how many 'duds' are scrapped...
Working steadily and daily I am more likely to make creative gains.

This little study might look scrappy and a little boring but it
 just shows how something can be made from almost nothing.

Using the left-over colours on the palette, I loosely scrubbed the shapes 
onto the paper without too much thinking.  Thinking can slow creativity.

I can think about the piece later.


Hot Day  Oils on gessoed 140lb watercolour paper  6 x 6 inches 

It was very hot in the studio when I painted this study.
I had to paint quickly so I could pack up and find a cooler place.

Maybe the speed of work was an advantage.
No time to get into too much detail.

I will be back tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment