Saturday 9 January 2016


Hilltop view.




                 Heath Path   Oils on canvas board   10 x 12 inches  


This piece has its origins in 'Heather and Heath' pictured below
... a 4 x 6 inch study in my studio.  I think 'Heath Path' is finished but as it sits in my studio I can see parts I would like to change.  Mmm...wait and see Anne.  No rush.


I didn't want to create a clone as 'Heath Path' has a different appearance 
but the new one could be from the same landscape. 

 In fact, this is a ficticious landscape from my imagination. 

Studio musings...

 I have studied the landscape with a painter's eye for several years and I am sure it becomes second nature to mentally visualise it when I work.  Part of the delight of painting is making some marks and suddenly realising it re-kindles a memory of a first seen delight.  
This response is what inspires me.





Heather and Heath







No comments:

Post a Comment