Friday 29 January 2016


Winter blankets.


                Night Comes   Oil study on canvas board   5 x 7 inches   SOLD


A covering of snow blankets the fields.  Nightfall and all is quiet and muffled
 with a comforting glow from the late evening sky.  



Studio Musings...


These winter scenes are inspired by photographs taken some years ago.  A small sketch of basic shapes was used as a reference but then the photograph was put away.  
 I wanted to give an abstract impression of the scene to capture light and essence of place.

  Painting daily has given me a wealth of experiences to share.  I am now into my second year of the Daily Paintworks challenge and I look forward to adding more images on this Blog.   Writing daily about my work has made me stop and think about my paintings.  When I am working I don't really think of anything as I am so wrapped up in the journey. Time can pass without me noticing and bedtime is often in the early morning hours. 

However, posting the images on-line needs me to talk about my art.  I try to give viewers an idea of what the piece means to me as well as something about the place and 
process.  I receive messages from around the world now and it is really encouraging. 

 Thank you to all my followers.




No comments:

Post a Comment